Friday, September 11, 2009

My First Sale!

My dear friend, Sarah of Little Seed, invited me to join her at the Koreatown Galleria Floorsale on August 29th. I didn't really know what to expect so I just prepared a variety of 'products' to sell. Not really expecting much, I went on to join and sell my handmade goodies...

The day of the sale was quite... interesting... Sora came over to my house that morning to drive out to LA together. One the way there, I got lost... I don't know how in the world I got lost going to Koreatown (since I've personally driven there, on my own,at LEAST 50 times by now) but I got lost. Then, we got into a car accident and eventually we got to the Galleria an hour late. Sora and I shared a table and we sold our individual stuff as well as my mom's church small group's handmade sponges. We sold a lot more than we expected, met a lot of kids, ran into some old friends, and just had a good time. Originally we were only going to stay till 3pm but we ended up staying until 6:30pm because Jennifer was holding mini ceramics classes with some kids.


Suprisingly I SOLD OUT on my button hairclips! I was so excited :) I got a shot of one of a girl wearing my hairclips, playing by the water fountain :D

We were invited to come back for the floorsale in December! So for the last couple weeks I've been brainstorming new ideas for products. First! I'm trying to remake all of the hairclips I made before!

No comments: